Holistic Addiction Treatment Programs
Livengrin: Building a patient centered experience using holistic therapies
Livengrin’s residential inpatient program offers a wide range of evidence-based holistic addiction treatment therapies that permit formation of a personalized experience for each patient. Our extensive list of programs permits our clinicians to choose specific tools to allow our patients to acquire skills that will help them on their road to recovery.
- Yoga for Recovery – Combines the benefits of exercise and meditation to help reduce stress and anxiety, and improve sleep patterns. Appropriate for patients with limited physical capabilities. Open to all and typically offered twice a week. Gender specific classes are more appropriate for yoga beginners.
- Equine Assisted Learning– Helps reduce psychological distress and enhance mental well being. Also provides feedback about patient behaviors that may be hindering recovery. Equine assisted learning is not about riding horses; it’s about interacting with horses so patients can learn more about themselves. Led by a certified equine therapist.
- Chiropractic Therapy – Removes physical imbalances to help the body heal itself. Chiropractors have the ability to eliminate these interruptions or misalignments, and allow the body to perform as it was meant to. Chiropractic adjustments are available once a week with a small co-pay.
- Art Program – This fun, fulfilling program allows freedom of expression, creativity, and more. Offered twice a week, this program incorporates different art forms such painting, woodworking, sculpting, stained glass, and other modalities.
- Music Therapy – Aids in goal setting, building coping mechanisms, forging positive relationships, developing a sense of awareness, and gaining insight into problem areas. Music therapy can be useful in engaging patients by diminishing defenses, promoting communication, and offering an opportunity for self-expression. Available to all patients in group form.
- Spiritual Programs – Reverend Mel is available two times per week for pastoral counseling. Not religious, rather available to help restore health, hope, and sense of purpose to patients who often see no way out of their situation. On Sundays we offer an optional interfaith service filled with music, positive affirmation, and powerful introspective guidance.
- Grief and Loss – Loss of a loved one can impact anyone, but for those suffering from substance addiction experiences such as overdose, vehicle crashes, and other tragic events are all too common. This special tract helps patients identify feelings and emotions that have often been masked by chemical use.
- 12-Step Rehabilitation in PA – This abstinence-based 12-step program features outside speakers who describe their personal experiences, strength, and hope. Trips to outside meetings are encouraged for those new to 12-Step Fellowships.
- Available focus groups based on clinical need:
– Healthy Relationships and Communication
– Pain Management
– Eating Disorders and Body Image
Support: Gain the skills you need to reach for sobriety.
Personalized: Holistic therapies are part of the building blocks used to achieve customized treatment for our patients.
Equine Therapy: More than riding horses. Interaction helps patients learn about themselves.
Men and women, 18-60 in the following groups:
- Substance Use Disorder and co-occuring mental health disorders
- First responders and veterans
- Healthcare professionals
Men and women, 18-26 who have numerous treatment experiences with AMICare.
Call an intake counselor to find out about your coverage and benefits – 800.245.4746. Or fill out the Livengrin Verification Form. Even if you or your loved one is not ready to come in, it’s good to start the planning process. We can help you learn what your plan will cover, your deductible balance, and any other out of pocket expenses. Livengrin can also help you find resources to obtain coverage or funding, through county, Medicaid, or even commercial insurance. Livengrin is an "in-network" provider with most major commercial insurance plans.