AMICare Specialty Program for the Highest Risk Patient
AMICare is a supplementary, research-based addiction treatment protocol for high risk patients who are in danger of failure to complete treatment recommendations, or those deemed to be at high risk for relapse. Those who have experienced multiple failed treatment attempts and patients age generally 18-25 who lack sober supports or are in danger of terminating treatment early are considered at-risk patients in need of AMICare.
The primary goal of the AMICare relapse prevention activities is to increase sustained recovery for participants. The program continually re-designs the treatment process to meet the needs of the patient and instill hope for patients and their families who are discouraged by multiple incomplete treatment episodes and/or relapses. AMICare counselors add an additional layer of clinical support for the patient, working to remove barriers to treatment engagement, eliminate drug relapse triggers, and provide craving management techniques along the continuum of care.
- Craving management through cognitive interventions and Medication Assisted Therapy (MAT) when indicated
- Exhaustive review of relapse factors and barriers to long-term recovery
- Increased length of stay through treatment engagement and motivational techniques
- Bolstering support through community, alumni, and family engagement
- Help the patient recognize barriers to recovery based on their treatment history and a full Cognitive-Behavioral Model Case Conceptualization
- Increase family involvement
- Identify past treatment successes and failures to properly adjust the protocol – avoiding “treatment as usual” and fostering creativity
- Provide follow-up support along the continuum of care
- Young adults comprise 50% (and rising) of Livengrin’s patient population
- Heroin use has skyrocketed 109% among 18 to 25-year-olds in the past decade (CDC)
Young Adult Focus
AMICare provides an additional structured layer of professional services for young adults who have different treatment needs than patients over age 25. Different approaches are attempted, tested, tracked, and then adjusted to improve outcomes. Using this process, Livengrin identifies best practices to effectively move young adults away from life-threatening addiction and towards sobriety. It’s critical to help them launch their adult lives and build healthy personal and work relationships, and put them on the road to becoming productive and stable members of their communities.
- Percentage of young adults completing treatment increased from 45% to 75% in one year
- Family participation increased from 77% to 91%
- Completed treatments now 83% overall
- Large improvements in show (95%) and retention (80%) rates within the outpatient system for AMICare patients
Continuum: Meeting a patient where they are is a priority.
Personalized: Chronic relapse among younger patients requires a custom approach.
Goal: Increase sustained recovery for patients.
A Typical AMICare Treatment Day
|10:00-11:30AM||Therapy Sessions (group)|
|12:30-1:30PM||Clinical Topic Block|
|2:00-3:00PM||Clinical Individualized Treatment|
|3:00-4:20PM||Personal Time in Houses|
|7:00-8:00PM||Personal Time/ Hansell Hall|
|9:00PM||Return to Houses|
|9:00-11:00PM||Personal Time in Houses|
Plus additional individual and family sessions and AMICare specialty groups.*
Men and women, 18-60 in the following groups:
- Substance Use Disorder and co-occuring mental health disorders
- First responders and veterans
- Healthcare professionals
Men and women, 18-26 who have numerous treatment experiences with AMICare.
Call an intake counselor to find out about your coverage and benefits – 800.245.4746. Or fill out the Livengrin Verification Form. Even if you or your loved one is not ready to come in, it’s good to start the planning process. We can help you learn what your plan will cover, your deductible balance, and any other out of pocket expenses. Livengrin can also help you find resources to obtain coverage or funding, through county, Medicaid, or even commercial insurance. Livengrin is an "in-network" provider with most major commercial insurance plans.